逍遥右脑 2018-10-12 11:05
1. 争论的：contrary 相反的 | controversial 争论的 | convey 运送;传达
1. Your left thumb is invited to push the S button, a controversial move that quickens the throttle response, ups the in-cabin noise level, and pneumatically narrows the side bolsters until it hurts.
2. Is the most controversial one among all d. h lawrence's works.
3. The plan includes highly controversial proposals for oil leasing in Bristol Bay, the backbone of Alaska`s wild sockeye salmon fisheries and a critical component of Alaska`s economy.
4. However, this relationship is controversial.
5. Even so, Gething's results are likely to be controversial, cautions Richard Ostfeld, a disease ecologist at the Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies in Millbrook, New York.
6. Chapter Two is the literature review, elaborating the controversial views on drama translation.
7. The crime of loan swindling is one of the most controversial crime in the crime of financial fraud.
8. Management is the most controversial concept.
9. In addition, bank financial management products, the more controversial of the things.
10. Another controversial decree, although unobjectionable in its fundamental aim, would equalise the benefits provided by Colombia`s two parallel health systems.
11. The bad law issue is not only a theoretical controversial issue, and is also an important practical problem.
12. Vested interest, Aral Sea 31T Money spent on research is almost always a good investment, even when the results of that research are controversial.
13. Obama also is expected to issue executive orders to begin closing the prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, one of the most controversial symbols of the Bush administration's war on terror; reversing Mr. Bush's restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem-cell research, and restoring funding for family-planning programs overseas.
14. Other maritime security services are less controversial: fitting ships with kit, such as barbed or electric wires, to make it hard for pirates to clamber aboard.
15. Recently, the most controversial question is that athletical gymnastics should develop in their difficulty or beauty.
16. The Western Wall has been deemed too controversial a place for US President George W.
17. Jol said: It is a controversial issue but I think when you have achieved what they have achieved, the supporters must be happy at Arsenal, Wenger must be one of the top managers of the last decade, so I can't see any problem there.
18. Commentaries about how loan words are used by members of different language communities are often controversial and full of allegations based on anecdotal evidence.
19. A coalition of US companies, investors and directors will today propose a radical overhaul of executive pay, calling for the elimination of controversial practices including severance payments, tax refunds and the personal use of corporate jets.
20. This is a controversial issue in our times.
If you describe something or someone as controversial, you mean that they are the subject of intense public argument, disagreement, or disapproval.
e.g. Immigration is a controversial issue in many countries...
e.g. ...Morton's controversial book, 'Diana, Her True Story.'...
1. Both issues are controversial, with the business sector maintaining vigorous opposition.
2. National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013, which contains controversial sections related to the Diaoyu Islands and arms sales to Taiwan.
3. Which brings us to Jaycee Chan and his attempt to gain some column inches by coming up with controversial statements.
4. A controversial article in the decision places what amounts to a statute of limitation on past criminal activities committed by private business owners.
5. Ties were frayed by Koizumi's controversial visits to a Tokyo war shrine seen as a symbol of Japan's militarist past.
6. Beijing's only cable television provider issued a public statement Monday to justify its controversial increase in subscription fees.
7. The calculation of " hot money " has always been controversial in China.
8. Mottaki vowed that Tehran would press on with its controversial nuclear programme despite a call by the UN Security Council to suspend its activities.
9. Chirac endorsed a controversial call by German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder for a revamp of NATO, which the United States has rebuffed.
10. What he said was controversial because it sounded so callous by implying that nearly half of the country's entire population are welfare junkies.
1. marked by or capable of arousing controversy
e.g. the issue of the death penalty is highly controversial
Rushdie's controversial book
a controversial decision on affirmative action